Anonymously Surf Internet On iPhone And iPad With Onion Browser (iTunes)
Every one person who owns a smartphone or a tablet device have their own reasons for doing therefore, and can additional typically than not utilize a definite set of options on a additional regular basis than others. From a private point of read, and surely one thing that’s echoed by several additional folks, I happen to extensively use my iPhone for internet browsing additional typically than not using Apple’s Mobile Safari.
It is no secret that lots of users value more highly to go concerning their internet browsing expertise in private, one thing that’s comparatively simple to try and do in fashionable browsers on desktop-based computers. However, when using the default mobile browser on iOS, the power to surf the net privately is not exactly a seamless expertise, and though Mobile Safari will have private browsing options, it does not exactly provide the peace of mind that advanced users crave. Mike Tagas, an iOS developer, has recognized this oversight by Apple and developed the Onion Browser and released it onto the App Store that permits a complete non-public and anonymous browsing expertise.
The options and advantages of such a browsing based mostly applications speak for themselves, however it primarily exists to guard users personal knowledge by using Tor proxy servers to mask things just like the users real IP address. The Onion Browser is touted as providing the subsequent key features:
- All net access is tunneled over the Tor onion router network.
- Visited websites through the browser never get to check the user’s real IP address.
- The association is encrypted before it leaves the device, that provides wonderful protection against snooping by net service suppliers or those that could share a similar wireless association.
- Tunnel bypasses restrictive firewalls: you’ll access the complete net from behind ISPs or company connections, or when within countries that observe on-line censorship.
- The Onion Browser has in-built user agent faking that hides the actual fact that the device is an iPhone.
- The ability to dam IP address and clear cookies, history and also the cache with one touch of a button.
As you’ll see, the Onion Browser for iOS appears to own best aspects of personal browsing lined and definitely acts as a worthwhile replacement to Mobile Safari for those that want alittle additional anonymity on the web. The browser primarily works by tunneling all traffic through a Tor sever, blocking the outgoing IP address and encrypting all info within the initial instance.
The Onion Browser is on the market on the App Store for $0.99 and isn’t officially affiliated with the Tor project, however alittle portion of the sales are going to be given to the Tor Project moreover because the EFF. The app could be a universal for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, requiring iOS five or higher than.
Download Onion Browser for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch [iTunes Link]
Source : LifeHacker